PROMOTING THE ART OF QUILTING IN THE SOUTH CAROLINA LOWCOUNTRY
Workshop: Barn Quilt Painting
Teacher: Suzi Parron
Time: 11:30 AM - 3:30 PM ET
Join the barn quilt movement by creating your own painted quilt block. You will begin with a pre-primed board and go through each step - drafting, taping and painting with careful attention to detail. Suzi will demonstrate each step and will then answer any questions you have as you work The workshop lasts about 4 hours. You will have a finished quilt block or with one last color (which will be provided) to add after the workshop. It will be ready for Show 'N' Tell at your next meeting. The finished product will be two-by-two feet and is the perfect size for mounting on smaller buildings.
Supplies provided - these will be shipped in advance
* Pre-printed 2 by 2 foot board. The priming is a two-day job, which is already done for you!
* Suggested patterns ready to transfer (you may bring your own, but keep it simple - and be ready to draw it onto the board).
* Paint - Foam brushes
* Colored pencils and other tools
Cost: $50 members, $60 Non-members
Supply list -these you will need
* Painter's tape - Green "Frog Tape" brand is best but blue Scotch brand is fine. Narrower tape about 1 inch is preferred.
* Yardstick or 24 inch ruler
* Blow dryer with extension cord
* Covering for table, paper or plastic. It's not that messy but it IS paint!
Follow the Palmetto Quilt Guild on Facebook
Contact PQG: firstname.lastname@example.org
Palmetto Quilt Guild, Inc.
PO Box 21558
Hilton Head Island, SC 29925-1558